viernes, 14 de septiembre de 2012

September 18th?

My typical fiestas patrias celebration is at home, with a large meal and my entire mother's family, the Chilean family. We like to meet every time we can, in every differet birthday, holyday, and anything's celebration. I really like it because we're a large and noisy family, in fact, I think we're like an Italian family, just like in The Godfather or something, maybe a bit less violent jajajaja.

My grandparents had seven childrens, and everyone lives relativly near of each other, so I see my uncles, aunts, and cousins pretty regulary, almost each day. Also, it's greeting see how the family grows, because several of us of my generation had get married or got childs, so there is a new generation that I hope keep meeting and being so close like us. I hope we still will make noisy parties with singing and playing guitar, dancing, restless kids, a lot of hugs and huge quantities of great homemade food.

In fac, now when I think about it, when I'm celebrating the September 18th I generaly don't ever remember what date it is, and maybe for this reason I can't choose a single fiestas patrias celebration: when I think about one of this celebrations I get confused because I can't remember what moment was in wath year, and sometimes I can't even remember if it was a fiestas patrias party. I never go to fondas or to the beach or something, but I really prefer to being whit my family in that date.

2 comentarios:

  1. I think spending Fiestas Patrias with familiy is the best way to celebrate.
    ps. I've been here 14 years.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. my family is very similar to yours. In my case, all the 18th september day, we gather in a house all my family, we lunch together and we get a such good time!!

    ResponderEliminar